Some people call this music Americana, they call it rock ‘n’ roll country soul with a different shade of blue. Jeffrey Halford is one of California’s finest songwriters. Born in Dallas, he migrated to Los Angeles (in the late 60s and 70s) and then stewed in the blues and rock n’ roll in Oakland and San Francisco. Jeffrey Halford and The Healers have played live relentlessly, sharing stages with Etta James, Taj Mahal, Jimmy Cliff, Los Lobos, Guy Clark, John Hammond, and Gregg Allman, just to name a few.
Los Angeles Weekly called Halford “one of the best voices in Americana today.” And Bill Wyman of the Rolling Stones recently heard Jeffrey Halford & the Healers and said, “I really like the way these guys groove.”
Some great artists have joined Halford in the last couple of years, including Augie Meyers (Bob Dylan, Texas Tornadoes), The Gospel Hummingbirds (Oakland, California), Chuck Prophet (Green on Red), and Myron Dove (Santana), just to name a few.
In 2019 Rolling Stone magazine hailed Halford’s songwriting as “stellar impressionistic storytelling that leaves you wanting more.” Nashville Scene called Halford “one of the best slide players on the planet.” Let’s just say he’s tasty.
Jeffrey Halford and The Healers sense of reckless musical abandon has been further honed on this European tour with the arrival of new bassist Mike Anderson (Big Blue Hearts, Eric McFadden). Of course, multi-instrumentalist Adam Rossi will present. This well-oiled machine runs like a diesel engine and is exactly what keeps people coming back to Halford’s live performances repeatedly. Go see them when they are in your area…
- Monday, November 01, 2021, Mechelen De Floeren Aap, BE
- Tuesday, November 02, 2021, Tübingen, Private Event, DE
- Wednesday, November 03, 2021, Mannheim, BLAU, DE
- Thursday, November 04, 2021, Bree, De Zeepziederij, BE
- Friday, November 05, 2021, Hildesheim, Kulturfabrik Löseke, DE
- Saturday, November 06, 2021, Castenray, Muzikale Huiskamer in Castenray,NL (SOLD OUT)
- Sunday, November 07, 2021, Millingen aan de Rijn, Grand Cafe M’ooije Waard, NL (10 TICKETS LEFT)